I played around a bit and was able to figure out the menu issue we were having in our ECMP 355 online session today. What my page looks like now is what I kind of prefer and all I did here was make a custom menu and add it on the side as one of my widgets. This is what my page looked like with my custom menu up top.Here is a screen cast walking through the steps of what I did to create a custom menu and then get up top. I have my pages, with my ‘Home’ still being my main feed and the ‘Stuff I Learn’, ‘Learning Projects’ and ‘Tech Tasks’ jumping to posts placed in those categories.
If you have any problems just let me know and I can help you out.