Quick tutorial on how to build your own simple motor and how it works.
Which reaction is most like a volcano?
Baking Soda and Vinegar
Coke and Mentos
**How to Build a Launcher and Rocket @ Makezine.com
What you need:
- iron wires or wooden sticks
- 300 parts potassium chlorate
- 60 parts aluminum fines, flitter, or granules
- 2 parts charcoal
- 10% dextrin in water solution
- 500 parts strontium nitrate (optional, for red color)
- 60 parts barium nitrate (optional, for green color)
How to make aluminum powder: homescience
How to make potassium chlorate: “About.com:Potassium Chlorate Synthesis”
How to make dextrin:
- Mix the dry ingredients with enough dextrin solution to make a moist slurry. Include the strontium nitrate if you want a red sparkler or the barium nitrate if you want a green sparkler.
- Dip the wires or sticks in the sparkler mixture. Be sure to leave enough uncoated space at one end to safely grasp the finished sparkler.
- Allow the mixture to dry completely before igniting the sparkler.
- Store sparklers away from heat or flame, and protected from high humidity.
2. How to make your own…
2. How to Build One
1. How do wind turbines work?
2. Green Science