For ECS 350 we are exploring assessment using portfolios to show what we have learned. This portfolio is set up to show what I have accomplished in relation to the course goals. The course goals and my evidence of learning are the following:
• Students will increase formal knowledge and capability in basic and more sophisticated processes and procedures of teaching.
• Students will understand the under-girding educational psychology concepts, in particular, various learning theories
• Students will develop life-long professional capability through the professional development process including the use of effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Students will consider multiple ways of understanding and supporting learning
• Students will learn to plan, implement, and assess learning experiences that are extended over a period of time
• Students will participate in an extended teaching/learning classroom experience
• Students will help to create an maintain a culture of respect and active learning
• Students will develop a personal professional development plan.